Thursday, May 13, 2010

Running the race, even when you don't FEEL like it!

I didn't feel like running today, but I persevered and I did it! Okay, to be honest, it's more of a "fast walk" at this point than an actual "run" but I'm getting there! Today I "fast walked" 2 miles in 32 minutes! I've never really been big into exercise -- but I know it's what I need to do! If you're having a hard time getting motivated, the first thing I would suggest is to set a goal. Recently a friend of ours finished a half marathon, and just like that I decided "If Paulie can run a half marathon, so can I!" I started sharing with people that I wanted to do this, and so now there is no turning back! LOL Another friend who is a runner got me set up with the "Couch to 5K Running Plan" and after that I'll continue to train for the half marathon (a half marathon is 13.1 miles, btw). It's a daunting goal, but little by little (step by step) I'll get there! My first goal is to run a 5K (3 miles). I'm going to be running in the Lebanon Area Fair 5K on July 24th (anyone wanna join me?!). The Harrisburg Half Marathon is in September. Set a goal; grab your running shoes and persevere!

1 comment:

  1. Soon you'll get all weird and look forward to the runs and really miss them on days you can't!! Doing great keep going, because were watching...

    ReplyDelete