Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I BROKE THE "POUND" BARRIER!!!








Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier on October 14, 1947.

Today I broke the "pound" barrier!


I broke the 200 lb. barrier!! YAHOOOOOOO! I am no longer in the 200's! As of today, I weigh 198 pounds -- 42 pounds less than I did on April 5th!

This is a momentous occasion because I actually weigh less than Dean now! I know.... that sounds pathetic.... that I actually weighed MORE than my husband! But, the point is that I am finally under the 200 mark and well on my way toward my goal of 140!

For those of you struggling with your weight, I just want to encourage you -- YOU CAN DO IT! It's hard work -- a combo of making healthy food choices, taking smaller portions, and the dreaded word, exercising! And, don't think that somehow this is easy for me -- I was a couch potato for years -- but with determination and perseverance, I keep going. You can too! Remember this verse, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" Philippians 4:13.

One thing that helps is my training team! Without fail, one or more of my training team members comes walking with me every day. Today, I had Micah, Ben, Rachel and Jonny with me! They're awesome! At night, one of them will ask -- "Are you walking tomorrow?" Even if I'm dead tired, that motivates me to go every day! They help keep me accountable!

What's your "pound" barrier? Set some goals today!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So happy for you! What a great team of encouragers you have. :)

    ReplyDelete