Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday!

I'm down to 202 today --
38 pounds GONE!


I walked 3.1 miles this morning!

I'm really loving this new routine (and loving the numbers on the scale!)

Tried a new recipe, compliments of my sister-in-law!

Yogurt Parfait

1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, 0% fat) If it is hard to find in your area, buy plain 0% fat regular yogurt and place it in a strainer covered with cheese cloth and then set on another bowl to catch the liquid. Put it in the fridge overnight and you then have greek yogurt! (It is cheaper to do it this way too!)
1/4-1/2 packet of Truvia, to taste (0 calorie sweetener made from stevia and has no aftertaste)
5 fresh strawberries (or blueberries!)
1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal, toasted (microwave in a stone or glass dish for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave 1 more minute. I also put in 1 spoonful of unsweetened shredded coconut)
slivered almonds

I then layer all of the ingredients: yogurt, oatmeal, almonds, berries and then repeat.

This was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment